Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Recent Interview with Bruce Cockburn

 Here is an interview with Bruce Cockburn published in early 2020 by an excellent Canadian poetry journal Contemporary Verse 2The topics vary widely, but stay fairly close to poetry and writing. We spoke in August, 2019, before the pandemic and the lockdown and just a month after Maria and I saw Bruce with his band in the lovely Capitol Centre in North Bay, Ontario. That concert was intensely emotional for me as my father had passed away after a long illness just days before. The account of that concert and the healing properties of music are part of a lengthy project I am working on. Maybe one day it will be published, who knows? For now, this interview is quite impressive. Mr. Cockburn is funny and insightful as always. It is a companion interview to the article I wrote for Penguin Eggs Magazine  about Bruce's latest album, Crowing Ignites 

          I hope you enjoy. Thank you, Mr. Cockburn, for your generosity and compassion.  The photo of Mr. Cockburn is by Daniel Keebler.    http://www.mddunn.com/uploads/8/5/4/4/85440138/cv2-42-3-lyric-b.cockburn.dunn.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment